February 8, 2010

Day Thirty-eight


You might be wondering why I took a photo of my laptop today. I'm gonna tell you.  You see that thing attached to the red cord?  Some of you will easily identify it, but for those of you who don't know, that is my hard drive - from my desktop.  Some how over the night last night, my power supply died and apparently it died while my hard drive was in the middle of a critical process.  What does that mean? Well it means, I had to replace the power supply and hard drive and reinstall Windows and all of my programs.  It was an ordeal.  I had originally thought that we wouldn't be able to retrieve any of the files on my hard drive, but in the end, I did manage to get it all.  It wasn't much that wasn't backed up somewhere else, but enough to make me nervous.  This pictures was taken while I was in the process of moving files from the crapped hard drive to my laptop.  They are all now safely on my new hard drive with a copy on my file server.

1 comment:

  1. man I'm glad you were able to save everything. I lost all my videos of Marcus' first year because I didn't have anything but a handful of them backed up. I bawled and bawled.

    ReplyDelete