February 9, 2010

Day Thirty-nine


I took this picture today of my dad's favorite Bible verse to demonstrate a shallow depth of field.  I love how this turned out.  I chose this verse because I've grown up with it.  When I was a little girl, many, many years ago, my dad was in Evangelism full time.  He had a mobile chapel that he and a few other men used to travel all over the country and preach.  It had a puppet stage, a pulpit and room for use to sleep when we traveled with him.  This Bible verse was on the outside of the trailer.  Here's a picture of it that I scanned today.


Oh, funny story just came to me as I looked at this picture.  I had recently been taught about the book of Revelations and rapture of the Church and end times and was really worried that I would be left behind when the rapture occurred and I think I "got saved" every single church service, just to cover myself.  I was 6 or 7, so it was little much for me to take in.  This truck had a sleeper in the cab and my brother Philip and I would sit in there and frequently  fall asleep.  At one point while I was sleeping, my dad stopped let me continue to sleep while he and my mom and brother got out to get dinner.  (it was the late 70's; it was a different world, then.)  While they were in the restaurant I woke up, discovered that I was all alone and was convinced that the rapture had occurred and I had been left behind.  I was never so happy to see my parents than I was that day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... I laughed SO hard while reading this. I nearly cried.

    ReplyDelete